Friday, October 15, 2010

Don Sprague Bottles

These are some bottles in the studio at Mt. Hood Community College where I took a class from Don Sprague this summer. If you can see the tallest bottle on the far left, he made about 50 of those during the course of the couple weeks we were in class. I'm extremely impressed by his style, the use of small ornamentation along with the austere shape of his bottles and the sheer size of them. He also has the salt firing down to a science at Mt. Hood. I experimented with it and after a few batches, I finally got some results that weren't completely terrible. As you can see Don is able to produce this incredible, luster turquoise color. So yeah, definitely a great summer experience, I would highly recommend taking classes at Mt. Hood and Don as an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment