Friday, October 15, 2010

Lorna Meaden

This is one of my favorite pieces by artist Lorna Meaden. Last year I used her as my artist in the After the Master's project. I fell in love with making bottles, throwing a large form and then altering it, attaching a top and bottom, developing your own style. Anyway, I love Lorna's style with her use of ornamentation for the top of the bottle and also her simple design on the face of the liquor bottle. I like the idea of making containers for more vessels, almost like Matryoshka dolls. Looking ahead I definitely want to shape my concentration around lidded vessels, probably liquor bottles.

2 comments:

  1. I can see you being very successful with this idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey amy, i finally got around to seeing that you commented on this. yeah i actually am working on one of these right now, so i think i'll have my projects done by the 17th.

    ReplyDelete